Search our Archives:
» Opinion & Society
Here are some brief facts on the Israeli-Arab conflict
It makes sense and it's not slanted. Jew and non-Jew it doesn't matter.
- Nationhood and Jerusalem -- Israel became a nation in 1312 BCE, two
thousand years before the rise of Islam.
- Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a
Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern
State of Israel.
- Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE the Jews have had dominion over the
land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the
past 3,300 years.
- The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than
- For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital Jerusalem has
never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the
Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital,
and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
- Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy
Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
- King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to
- Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward
- Arab and Jewish Refugees In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to
leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight
percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
- The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab
brutality, persecution and pogroms.
- The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be
around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated
to be the same.
- Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the
Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the
100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in
the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples'
lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no
larger than the state of New Jersey.
- The Arab - Israeli Conflict; The Arabs are represented by eight separate
nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation.
The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself
each time and won.
- The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of
Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land,
autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them with weapons.
- Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews
were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and
Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all
- The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs of the 175 Security Council
resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
- Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were
directed against Israel.
- The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the
- The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the
ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
- The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like
policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be. What
should we tell our friends and associates? Now you have the answers.
The truth and the
cause of peace are universal.
from the March 2001 Edition Jewish Magazine